Warren Buffet has said “Derivatives are financial weapons of mass destruction”. However, if used appropriately, derivatives can be very effective risk management tool. The accounting for financial instruments is one of the most difficult areas of financial reporting and the new IFRS 9 is effective from 1 January 2018. Our courses help clients demystify the accounting for financial instruments.
- IFRS for Banks and Other Financial Institutions (3 – 4 days)
- IFRS 9 Financial Instruments Update (1 – 2 days)
- Analysis of Bank Financial Statement (2 – 3 days)
We also offer customised courses tailored to client requirements.
We offer project-based and interim support to accounting policy finance teams in matters relating to accounting for financial instruments:
- Review of accounting for financial instruments recognised in IFRS/IPSAS
- Hedging and hedge accounting
- IFRS 9 implementation and review
Get in touch to discuss your specific financial instruments training and consulting requirements with us.